To increase awareness about the risks of NIHL, we have created some downloadable materials to share with your friends, family, and community.
Are you at risk for Noise-Induced Hearing Loss?
- 1.1 billion young people worldwide are at risk of hearing loss due to unsafe listening practices
- Over 43 million people 12-35 years live with disabling hearing loss
- Around 40% are exposed to potentially damaging levels of sound at nightclubs, bars and sporting events
- Nearly 50% listen to unsafe levels of sound through personal audio devices (MP3 players, smartphones, and others)
- 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes
- Unaddressed hearing loss poses an annual global cost of 750 billion international dollars