Alvin Goldman, one of Hear Québec’s founding members
The HEARHEAR Publication, formerly “The Communicaider” was started 35 years ago, by one of Hear Québec’s founding members, Alvin Goldman. In the Fall issue of 2004, when Hear Québec was celebrating its 25th Anniversary, Alvin retold the story of how The Communicaider came to be. Since Alvin has a background in media work, it was recommended by Lily Bernstein that he consider expanding his responsibilities by creating and editing a bulletin or newsletter for Hear Québec.
He was thinking about what to call this publication when he asked himself, “What are you trying to say? How would you describe the purpose of this publication?” The answer was, “Well, I want it to be a vehicle for communication with our members.”
Thus, The Communicaider was born! Many people have since worked on creating issues of the newsletter. In fact some of the original issues from 1984, that were typed up on a typewriter, are located in the Hear Québec administrative office in our archive files. This is a precious part of Hear Québec’s amazing history.
Have you ever wanted to see your words in print? Each issue, HEARHEAR Publication publishes stories from people affected by hearing loss under the banner “My Hearing Journey”. If you would like to submit a hearing journey (or if you have another idea for an article), please contact us! If you have a story but are unsure about your writing skills, we can help with that too. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. We want to hear from you! Hearing Journeys (Hearing Journeys) uplift, educate and inspire others.
All articles and authorization forms should be submitted to email@example.com
- A 1-page article contains a maximum of 350-400 words
- A 2-page article contains a maximum of 700-800 words
- You do not need to format the article as it will be graphically laid out
- All articles will be subject to content review, approval and editing
- All articles submitted may or may not be used for magazine or social media
- You must submit a .jpg photo, preferably a headshot, with a 4-6 line bio of yourself
- Content and photo authorization forms must be submitted with the article
This post is also available in: FR