A one-year membership to CHIP is $15 and runs from March to March. You may pay by cash, online, or by cheque (please make your cheque payable to CHIP).
Annual membership gives you:
- Programs & Services, including Speechreading, Signed English, Outreach, workshops
- 2 issues annually of the Hear Hear Magazine (Spring & Fall)
- Our annual CHIP Conference & workshop series
- Access to our Lily Bernstein Resource Centre, an interactive social space for members to watch closed captioned films, participate in book clubs and take computer courses. Members may also borrow reading and audio-visual material related to hearing loss.
- Our Computer Lab
- Our ALD (Assistive Listening Devices) Program with experienced peer mentors to help our members learn about different devices
- Social Club which includes outings, games, crafts, group discussions.
- You will also be eligible to vote at our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Canadian Hearing Society explains the impact of hearing loss on older adults:
- With unmanaged hearing loss, older adults may become withdrawn and socially isolated, which can lead to the breakdown of support networks and the risk of depression.
Don’t wait. Become a member of CHIP today. We hear you!